The Pentagon itself now confirms the use of WP as an incendiary/anti-personnel weapon, confirms "shake-and-bake" style tactics, and is defending it all.
So the timeline here is:
1) Shake-and-bake is used in Fallujah
2) It gets minor mention in Western Press, then nothing
3) Italian TV does a "Holy crap, that shake-and-bake stuff is NASTY!" story
4) Pentagon denies ever using shake-and-bake
5) Right-wing commentators denounce Italy as a nation of liars, claim that shake-and-bake isn't even POSSIBLE with munitions in the US arsenal, declare boycott of pasta and pizza.
6) Pentagon comes out of closet, says: Shake-and-bake? Absolutely we did! And we're not ashamed anymore, either!
7) Right-wing commentators ashamedly renounce their traditional reality-circumvention cognitive techniques, stop trusting US media, meekly resume ordering plain old "spaghetti" instead of "freedom pasta."
8) Heh, no, (7) won't happen, just kidding.Comment Posted By Yabob On 16.11.2005 @ 15:34
Pages (1) :